Sunday, June 18, 2017

DSC1007X review (NUS)

DISCLAIMER: firstly, i am not a professional writer, so if there are mistakes in my language, move on. secondly, the review is mostly based on opinions, so i would advise you to google for more reviews to get a diverse take on the modules you are interested in. thirdly, module details change every semester, so do not expect every assessment will stick. last but not the least, i will not talk about grades. hope this is useful for you, cheers.

what do you learn?

this module exposes one to the world of business analytics. it offers a wide range of learning outcomes which include decision making through decision trees, Excel simulations, optimisation and many more. while a level 1000 module might not help much when it comes to to real life applications, it is a really good introduction module to business analytics. for those who are unfamiliar with Excel and wants to learn slightly more on its uses, this is module to consider as well.

assessments?

this module has a lot of assessments. they are tutorial attendance, tutorial participation, tutorial submissions, quizzes, group project and finals.

my personal opinion?

the content is very easy, especially those who are good at and love mathematics. the first few chapters are basically applied probability and discrete/continuous distributions. thereafter, more business analytics topics will be covered. the entire course require lots of Excel. the tutorial submissions are to be done with the same group you are doing the project with. not taxing just troublesome. quizzes are alright. for tutorial participation, just present once or twice would do the trick. finals is fairly well-structured.. with a good mix of easy questions and thought-provoking ones. personally, i don't find this module difficult nor very easy.. it is just alright.. not giving me too much stress nor igniting my complacency.. haha. 

click here to see the modules i have read and their respective reviews. 
do feel free to contact me via Telegram @alvinngjh for any questions or what not.

8 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you for the review. Could you send your DSC1007X notes to my email:zhiyouni100@gmail.com? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alvin,

    Thanks so much for doing the review. I am a freshmen and currently taking this module. You will be doing me a very big favour if you are able to share with me your materials (Practice Questions, Notes) because I have a final exam coming soon and this will be very useful for me. If you are willing, my email address is E0175190@u.nus.edu. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thank for your review! I would to learn more abt the syllabus. Would u mind sending me ur materials too? My email is E0175184@u.nus.edu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I would love to find out more about this mod as well. My email is e0177288@u.nus.edu
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello same here! Would greatly appreciate if you could send me notes and materials to me as I am taking next sem. E0105042@u.nus.edu thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I am interested in taking this module too! Could you also send me your notes and materials and E0202202@u.nus.edu. thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I am interested in this module. Do you mind sending me ur materials too? e0335667@u.nus.edu
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I am intending to take this module in the upcoming semester. If possible, could you also send me materials for this module? My email is e0323372@u.nus.edu
    Thanks alot!

    ReplyDelete